Monday, November 8, 2010

Imitation is the most sincere form of Flattery!

 After one of the worst days of my life, namely finals day for Judaism and Islam, everything was completely redeemed. You know it is a good day when someone dresses up as YOU for Halloween. My two friends, Amy and Lizzy, decided that me and my friend James would be great costumes. So they borrowed what we are best known for. James has this shirt that he made that says, "Don't interrupt, RUDE!" I am known for my jerseys and walking around my blanket wrapped around my shoulders. If that doesn't make you feel good about yourself, I don't know what will.

I do have to admit, this Halloween has changed my life. I absolutely hated my last Halloween. I thought it was ridiculous that I had to hide in my own house having to hide from the busloads of kids that are shipped in for trick-or-treating. If it takes an hour to drive one block it is time to re-evaluate the holiday. Really... I don't think that is the way it is supposed to be. But this Halloween... this one was great!!! Like I said, it had been one of the worst days EVER with finals, but as soon as they were over, it was party time. James and I couldn't think of what we could be, but then we had the idea of being zombie missionary companions. Kinda lame, right? WRONG, it actually turned out pretty good with the help of some professional make-up artists. We looked pretty creepy. We started out with good ol' fashion trick-or-treating. All the students got of our professors kids candy so they could come around to the door. We stuck an orange plastic bag to cover the light and put on thriller playing at the door. We definitely had the coolest door at the center. Then we had all kinds of Halloween festivities like fishing pond, face painting, apple bobbing, etc. And to top it all off, we ended with a Halloween dance party and watching Hocus Pocus. Classic Halloween, hopefully next year will be as good... it'll be hard to top!

4 comments:

  1. I am still wondering why that whole amazing Jerusalem experience has to be marred with homework and finals:-) I am still jealous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet costumes. Yours AND the girls. Hey, did you know we found out what we're having today!? I want to tell you but writing it here probably isn't the best way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win for the best blog layout.
    I instantly feel fancier when I pull up your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Declan Always has his blanket with him too!! Must be in the genes :)

    ReplyDelete