Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Field Trips!!!

I remember those stories that Mikael and Nathan told about the priests fighting over cleaning the steps. This reminded me of it.

I love watching the priests.

Jerusalem is soooo beautiful.

This is looking from Nabi Samwel, which is the place where Samuel was buried... but not. They found his real burial place, but for some reason Muslims and Jews come to worship at the tomb. I don't get it, but it sure is a great view.

My two buddies, Katie-boy and James!

This is in front of Gibeon where the sun stood still to let the Jews kick the Hitites bootie.
You know that you are going to have a GREAT semester when one of your classes is called field trips!!! I have a new suggestion for the Jerusalem program. Not that I don't love the classes, but they should get rid of some of them and we should just do field trips the whole time. Or maybe we could just have lectures on the buses as we travel from place to place the whole time. But you take what you can get ;) Our class consisted of driving around Jerusalem and they taught us about the geography of the city and we read some of the bible stories in the places that it actually happened! It is so awesome!!! Our teacher is a genius too, which makes it all the better. He was showing us all the little things that you would never find out with a normal tour guide. Where else do you get 4 guys with a P.H.D. in Egyptology, the Bible, Hebrew, and Near Eastern studies! Talk about ideal tour guides! It amazes me all these stories that I knew (and so many that I didn't) happened in the very place that I am looking at. Before it was point "a" to point "b", data entering the head, but now I will look at those stories and see Abraham snaking across the ridges of the hills, the armies marching from miles away coming to attack the city and the streets where miracles were preformed. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment