Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Freeday... officially my new favorite day of the week.

First two free days!!! I love the town! It has been so fun getting to explore the city. I feel like I am on a mission again, but I get to do all the fun things that I always wished we could have done. On Sunday we went out after church and tried to visit a couple of the churches. I was so excited to go to the Church of the Ascension, which is a Russian church. I was so excited to go talk to some Russian people, but it turns out that they were these two dudes sitting at the entrance of the church making you pay to go in. So we bumped out of there and went down to one of the many of the Gardens of Gethsemane. It was really neat, but I am excited to go to some of the other ones because it didn’t really feel that special. We had to hurry back for dinner because we were all dying. Remind me not to go out in the blazing heat in the middle of the day on a fast Sunday. Woops. We went out again later that day and explored the city some. Pretty much we walked real slow and talked the whole way, but it was a lot of fun. It has been a blast though getting to know everyone. We were talking about it the other night. There is no other social environment like what we are in right now. It is so rare to become so close to so many people in such a short period of time. It is pretty cool! I have made a lot of good friends.

1 comment:

  1. I check your blog at least 100 times a day because it transports me back. I went to my 2 year reunion the other night and bawled and bawled when we watched a DVD of the city. I was SO excited for you and SO incredibily jealous as well. Love the people you are with...thye will be some of your best adventure buddies and best friends in life after the JC. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete