Thursday, October 7, 2010

Egypt Trip: Friday



Egyptian Museum- Stinking tired but cool
I really wish I had been at full strength this day, but the train ride and lack of sleep took it out of me. This place was sooooo INCREDIBLE, but I would have enjoyed it so much more had a been fully awake. We got into Cairo at 4 in the morning and started our day as soon as we got of the train. By far, my favorite part was seeing the mummies. It was so cool seeing the mummies of the people that we had been learning about. These bodies are 3000 years old! I never want to be that old.

Church-
We had our own little church service in one of the conference rooms off of the lobby. We were all in our normal clothes except for those that were participating in the administration of the sacrament. It was a unique experience that I don't think I will have again to take a meeting with you on a trip.



Dirty Sheet-
That night, we got a call from "room service" that told us they made a mistake and made our beds without changing the sheets from the last customers. They asked us to take the sheets to the front desk so that we could exchange them. Apparently I am really stupid or was extremely tired, because I completely bought into it. I hung up the phone and then got thinking about it. Why in the world should I have to take the sheets to the desk. So I call them up and ask them if they will come change the sheets for us. So a couple of minutes later a man comes to make our beds, but when he comes in he sees that the beds were already made and it really confused him. He didn't speak english so well so he left without doing anything because he thought we wanted him to make the bed instead of change the sheets. We get a call again from the "front desk" saying that we haven't taken the sheets to the front desk. By this time, I was pretty frustrated that a 4 star hotel had made a mistake and was going to make us bring the sheets. I don't remember exactly how it played out, but we finally figured out that it was people from the program. Well, I'm an idiot! But, apparently housekeeping didn't get the memo because another man showed up at our door saying "make bed, make bed." What I don't get is that they send another person that DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH! We tried to explain to him what happened and finally told him that everything is ok and that he didn't need to do anything. I was... punked!

No comments:

Post a Comment