Thursday, October 7, 2010

Egypt Trip: Thursday


Motorboat dance party-
We had to take another boat down the river, and when I say we had to, I mean we got to because it was so fun! As we motored down the river, one of the doctors that is with our group suggested a dance party on the boat. So, how could we decline, we moved the table out of the center, we cranked up the music and had a dance party on the Nile. Unfortunately, we were asked by the administration not to do it again, but it was fun while it lasted.

Karnak- AWESOME!!!!
I would have to say that that this has been my favorite experience of the whole trip. I didn't even know about these temples before I came here. It is AMAZING!!! These temples are so impressive. I would say that they were even more impressive than the ancient buildings and monuments in Rome. These buildings were built over 3500 years ago!!! And they are still standing. I can't even imagine what kind of building processes they went through to raise these columns and obelisks. It is just incredible. The other cool thing is that there were amazing hieroglyphics in the temples. There were really neat things that could draw parallels to the temple. I don't necessarily believe that it came from the temple or that it was a corrupted version of the gospel, but it was still cool seeing those parallels. I could spend days there. We then took these little carraige things to the next AWESOME temple.

Temple Luxor-
Pretty much the same things. What amazes me is that these two temples, over two miles apart, back in the day, it was connected my a road that was lined with statues of sphinx. I just can't wrap my head around all that manual labor. I was born in the right century.

Train
That night we had an overnight train ride from Luxor to Cairo. It was fun, but man I paid for it the next day. I was completely exhausted, all I wanted to do was get some real sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment