Thursday, October 7, 2010

Egypt Trip: Saturday and Sunday

Saturday

Mosques
We got to go to some really cool Mosques that morning and our tour guide, Islam, taught a little about Islam, the religion. It was really neat to see how they worship and how devote of people they are. I think we forget too often that there are really devout and good people in every religion, especially non-christian religions. I really love our tour guide. He had some really great sayings that we continually repeat, even 2 weeks after we have been back. Here are a few of them. He called us group Toot, after King Tut (which is how it is really pronounced) Here are a few of them. "Toot, come more closer please, lazy toot, actually believe it or not, deal or no deal, yes or not, you believe zis, facebook is my family..." I miss him already






Oscar Awards
Me and my friend James had been commissioned for our very own production of Aaron and Hur supporting the arms of Moses while the Israelites fought, so we set up a small but quality production. It was great. I think we will get an Oscar for our amazing theatrical skills.

Sunday

Sinai
We woke up at 2 Sunday morning to hike up to Sinai. Believe it or not, I was not even tired. I love hiking so much!!! I miss it. It was neat heading up the trail in the middle of the night and seeing how many people besides us got up to see the sun rise on Sinai.

Dance Party Bus
We had a very long bus ride back to Jerusalem, so in order to pass the time more quickly we set up a dance party on the bus. It was flaming hot on the bus, but well worth it. I think I have officially danced 10000 times more on this trip than an accumulation of my whole life put together but it was a blast. I can literally say that there is only one mode of transportation that we haven't had a dance party on, and that is an airplane, but we will remedy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment